Come To Mommy
Milestones happen almost hourly at our house these days! Watching this tiny being morph from a little lump of pink flesh into a "real live human being" really is amazing. You almost need a ringmaster to narrate the development! [Insert circus music - Do do da do doo do do do] "Ladies and Gentlemen, direct your attention to ring number 1!"
Well, last night, the ringmaster was barking in my head..."direct your attention to..." As I took off my coat and walked down the hallway after an evening away, I saw Lia on the floor in the den playing with her favorite toys...daddy's remote controls. She turned, saw me and broke into a huge smile. She spun herself around on the floor and inched towards me. "Come to Mommy," I said as I held out my arms, "Come to Mommy!" And much to my amazement...she did! This may not sound like a huge deal....she has been "crawling" in all its forms and fashions since Super Bowl Sunday, but only to get to objects....keys, remote controls, saline nasal drops. You know the good stuff! But, she has never put forward motion with a way to get to to hugs and kisses. Last night, Mommy was finally the destination. Mommy was cooler than a remote control.
Well, last night, the ringmaster was barking in my head..."direct your attention to..." As I took off my coat and walked down the hallway after an evening away, I saw Lia on the floor in the den playing with her favorite toys...daddy's remote controls. She turned, saw me and broke into a huge smile. She spun herself around on the floor and inched towards me. "Come to Mommy," I said as I held out my arms, "Come to Mommy!" And much to my amazement...she did! This may not sound like a huge deal....she has been "crawling" in all its forms and fashions since Super Bowl Sunday, but only to get to objects....keys, remote controls, saline nasal drops. You know the good stuff! But, she has never put forward motion with a way to get to to hugs and kisses. Last night, Mommy was finally the destination. Mommy was cooler than a remote control.

1 Comments:
Hey, it's Phil and Stacey
We checked out your blog tonight! Pretty neat to see what's happening in your neck of the woods whenever we want.
I started one too. It's at http://bloggytoast.blogspot.com/ . But I have less to talk about so no judging. Hi to Grady and Lil Lia (and mom). Love you
Phil
By
Phil, at 11:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home