We can change the world...
For the first time in my life, I voted in an election that actually mattered. Today I cast my ballot in the NC primary, in a closely contested democratic race. After growing up in Nebraska...Go Big Red isn't reserved for just football...and moving to the bible belt, I have never felt like my voice really counted (nevermind the fact that in a couple of elections, it literally might not have counted).
As all that know me can attest, I am passionate about politics and not of the conservative flavor, so it has been a frustrating road. But today, 16 years after I cast my first ballot for a Clinton, I went to the polls and cast my ballot for change. I have never felt more hopeful about a candidate. He won't accomplish everything he talks about, but like JFK and his speech about a man on the moon, he raises the bar. We can do better, but not if we aren't even trying.
We took the girls to see their next president:
And my top two reasons for caring:
As all that know me can attest, I am passionate about politics and not of the conservative flavor, so it has been a frustrating road. But today, 16 years after I cast my first ballot for a Clinton, I went to the polls and cast my ballot for change. I have never felt more hopeful about a candidate. He won't accomplish everything he talks about, but like JFK and his speech about a man on the moon, he raises the bar. We can do better, but not if we aren't even trying.
We took the girls to see their next president:
And my top two reasons for caring:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home