Cue Handel's Hallelujah Chorus!
She did it! She finally did it!Hallelujah
September 29th. 1 year, 1 month, 12 days after entering this world with a ferocious scream, Lia has finally slept through the night. That is right folks! I have not had a single full night's sleep in over a year! And you wonder why I have been a bit on edge?!?!
What has causeth this miracle to appear from the shadowy depths of night? Tympanostomy tubes! Tympanostomy-wah?? Tympanostomy tubes!!
On Tuesday, Lia had hopefully her first and last surgery for a very long time. She had tubes put in her ears to help stop the recurrent ear infections that have become a part of our daily lives for the last six months. You know your child has been on antibiotics for too long when they lie down and gag the medicine down on their own free will because they know they can't win the battle.
We went in on Tuesday morning and Lia stole the show in the waiting room. Cutest child ever, I swear, I am not biased! They took us back for pre-op and we dressed her in baby scrubs. Matt talked about cute and scary. Baby scrubs are pitiful and adorable! They took her away at 7:58 and we walked out to the waiting room. I had a panic feel come over me and I almost got teary eyed when a nurse walked up and said, "Ok, you can come back to talk to the doctor now." What? It is only 8:03! "Yes, he is ready for you now." Lia was back in our arms by 8:10 and feeling her usual happy self by noon.
And, Wednesday night, the first night after tubes, she slept through the night. From 8pm straight through until we woke her at 6:45 for school. I pray that it was not merely a coincidence and that she can now sleep because she has no more pain and pressure in her ears! Please, for the sake of my sanity, say a prayer for me!
Here are some more pictures of Baby Scrubs!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home