She's my baby seee-ster!
Lia is thrilled with her baby sister and new friend! For months, she would talk to my tummy and tickle her sister. She even tried to feed my belly button a carrot one afternoon. When I was put on bedrest she would tell people it was because "her baby sister was trying to jump out of mommy's tummy!" Last week, her sister finally jumped for real!
I was nervous about Lia's reaction. People love to recount bringing home new children only to traumatize their eldest. "She wanted to send her back." "He tried to put the baby outside." "She regressed on talking, walking, and potty training." "We scarred him for life."
I am happy to report that at least through day 5, Lia loves this new bundle of joy and excitement in our home. She has been such a big girl-making sure to show her sister how to go potty, brush her teeth, get dressed, etc. (Yes, I am going to use this until it wears out!) She also likes to tell us the rules. "You can't feed her a skittle because she will choke." What would we do without her?
If you ask her, she will proudly exclaim, "That's Emme, she's my baby seee-ster."
I was nervous about Lia's reaction. People love to recount bringing home new children only to traumatize their eldest. "She wanted to send her back." "He tried to put the baby outside." "She regressed on talking, walking, and potty training." "We scarred him for life."
I am happy to report that at least through day 5, Lia loves this new bundle of joy and excitement in our home. She has been such a big girl-making sure to show her sister how to go potty, brush her teeth, get dressed, etc. (Yes, I am going to use this until it wears out!) She also likes to tell us the rules. "You can't feed her a skittle because she will choke." What would we do without her?
If you ask her, she will proudly exclaim, "That's Emme, she's my baby seee-ster."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home