Times flies...
...when you are chasing after a two-almost-three year old!
How can she be 10 weeks old already? How can my maternity leave be ending after this week? Where has the time gone? Did I cuddle her enough, love her enough, snuggle and smooch her enough? How long will I remember the coos and gurgles? How long will the smell of a fresh baby's head and sour milk breath remain in my memory? Already, I see a friend's newborn and think, was she ever that tiny? And somehow, having done this before and forgotten so much, I am all too aware that the clock is ticking. In the background, always tick tock tick tocking. I cherish each new thing (this week she has found her hands and crams them into her mouth frantically as if they are made of sugar) and yet know that each step forward is another step away from baby-hood. How can I let go of these baby days so easily? Emme-O-Emme, how you have changed!
How can she be 10 weeks old already? How can my maternity leave be ending after this week? Where has the time gone? Did I cuddle her enough, love her enough, snuggle and smooch her enough? How long will I remember the coos and gurgles? How long will the smell of a fresh baby's head and sour milk breath remain in my memory? Already, I see a friend's newborn and think, was she ever that tiny? And somehow, having done this before and forgotten so much, I am all too aware that the clock is ticking. In the background, always tick tock tick tocking. I cherish each new thing (this week she has found her hands and crams them into her mouth frantically as if they are made of sugar) and yet know that each step forward is another step away from baby-hood. How can I let go of these baby days so easily? Emme-O-Emme, how you have changed!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home